Bump to MumLog in

A place to chat about all things TTC, pregnancy and motherhood

descriptionHow do you know you want more? EmptyHow do you know you want more?

more_horiz
So my partner is super keen to have more kids but I still don’t know if it’s what I want. I always wanted 3 and said if I had more I would want to make it 3. 
But I’m totally torn if I really want another. My daughter is my total world and and I’m 90% sure I’d be totally complete with just her. 
We’d have to move house before we had another (our house is so small) but I’m happy with my home. 
😂😂 and then there’s the “deed” that has to be done. Iv been terrified (and I have zero desire) to be intimate. I don’t want to accidentally get pregnant and I hate being touched (even hugs make me awkward). 

Am I the only one?
How do you actually know if your done or want more?

descriptionHow do you know you want more? EmptyRe: How do you know you want more?

more_horiz
Up until 23 days ago I was WTT... I've been broody on and off since O was a baby. Although I go through phases of wondering if I could actually love anyone as much as I love him lol.
I kinda have a timeline going in my brain though... Graduate....Baby..... lol.
When you know, you know :) and if you're not ready yet, you may feel differently in a year or so.
X

descriptionHow do you know you want more? EmptyRe: How do you know you want more?

more_horiz
I have no desire what so ever to have anymore babies although with 4 babies my story is a little different to yours. I was 'done' (or so I thought) after archie. I met my new partner and became pregnant very quickly. I got pregnant again when Fred was 6 months old. Her pregnancy was life changing and I know I never want to experience something like that again. It's weird because I've always, in the past, felt this broodiness this absolute disire to have another baby. The thought of a tiny little human and that amazing baby smell was all I wanted but now, that's gone. It's sad to see my kids growing up and becoming their own person, but at the same time it doesn't fill me with need or wanting for anymore. Would I feel any different if I had only 3 kids, if I had been through such an emotional pregnancy, possibly. I think you just know when you want more, it's the same with knowing enough is enough.

more_horiz
It’s so hard 🙈. I often see babies or my friends pregnant and feel jealous but after a few mins with them the feeling totally passed (once I remember the birth 😂).
I feel happy but at the same time there’s a slight “what if there were more” nag but it comes back to “I don’t think I want to share bears love and attention”

more_horiz
What you have to ask your self is whether you'd regret not having another one. I get the sharing your time with someone else bit. I struggle with massive mum guilt because its impossible to split my time four ways all the time. Some days I spend more time with the younger ones because they need more attention but as much as I feel guilty for it my older two actually don't mind. My 10 year old has told me it makes spending time with me more special and she gets to be involved in things the younger ones don't which she loves! x

more_horiz
Oh bless she’s so cute 💖💖. Bears adamant she doesn’t want siblings either 😂😂😂. The grandmother keeps pushing us (purely because she “needs” more grandkids) and bears answer is always “no way do I want a brother or sister that would be stupid”. 😂😂🙈

more_horiz
Haha this made me smile because my mother is completely the opposite, she will tell me "please no more" 😂😂 I hate it when people pressure others. It doesn't matter if you have one or 20 (can you imagine having 20 😰😂) it's the choice of the two parents whether they have another. Bless her. Eva used to say the same, actually she still does. Her dad has two kids as well so she has 5 siblings already! She's over it now, she tells me to never have anymore "buy a dog instead mummy" were her words 😂😂 x

more_horiz
😂😂😂😂 at least she’s not encouraging 20 siblings 🙈. I used to watch Jon and Kate plus 8 and would cringe imagining that many kids

more_horiz
I used to want 6 children. I love giving birth - apparently that's weird - but now my mind has totally changed. Four is enough haha. Theirs a couple who have 20+ children I can't think of their name but that's madness. I struggle to get everyones name right as it is 😂😂

more_horiz
:0 you are totally crazy 😂😂😂 birth really put me off another hahaha. I still can’t forget it.
Oooo I know the one you mean I think in America?

more_horiz
In England. I follow them on Facebook, just can't think who they are. All of my births have been ended up with nobody believing I'm ready to push ha, until the last second! That's what I miss, the birth part more then the pregnancy. I didn't mind the pain too much either. Pregnancy put me off having more. I could never re-live Olivia's. It was the single most hardest thing I've ever done x

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum